CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

What's going on?

Last week, I called and asked my insurance company if they'd processed the pre-authorization form yet. Turns out they haven't even received it! I called Dr. Kwak's office in December and they assured me that they sent it, but the insurance company does not have it. So I had to call Dr. Kwak's office, have them resend it, and then call my insurance company back this week. The woman I spoke with said she might be able to expedite the process so that it doesn't take another 30 days. Hopefully!
When I called Dr. Kwak's office, I also asked about Metformin since I know she wants me to take it. It's been a little confusing to work with 2 doctors. I don't really know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing/taking, so I think I might have to call the nurses a lot this week to figure it out. I won't be cycling for a while, but I want to be sure I'm taking meds when I'm supposed to.
The nurse called in the Metformin and I started it today. Glad I called...What about the other drugs? Should I start on those? I guess I'll find out soon. I know Dr. Kwak really wants me to do IVIG, but the whole insurance thing could take a while and unfortunately, I can't afford it without help from my insurance company. I just keep hoping that maybe, just maybe, it will work with all of the other changes. I guess we'll find out in February!
I am so happy that I started going to the Resolve support group. Everyone there is so wonderful and supportive. It's so nice to talk to people who understand. Thanks ladies! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment