CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

IVF + IVIG It's go time, finally!

Finally, I started!!!!! We went on vacation last week, hoping to relax a little before this IVF. Yeah, right. I spotted a little early in the week and had really bad cramps. Then I started freaking out because usually if I spot at all, the full flow is coming that day. Since we were in FL and we drove, I thought I might have to fly back! So I worried about it for the rest of the trip and prayed that AF would stay away. It did, luckily, but then when I returned from vacation, it didn't start either. I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I took a test because, well, that always makes it come! It didn't work. Well, it's 3 days later and I finally start. So today is Day 1 of this IVF cycle with IVIG.
I did have a good vacation, but I'm such a worrier. I wish I wasn't. I wish I could just calm down, chill out. How do you do that? I've always been this way. My counselor used to tell me to get a massage. Well, a massage is like $60 and I would have to get one every day! Same with acupuncture. And with the cost of this IVIG, I can't afford ANYTHING!
I go to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully will figure out when I can go to Chicago to get the IVIG. We'll see.

:) Andrea

6 comments:

kim said...

Hello. I am not sure how I found your blog-but I did. I have been working with Dr. Kwak-Kim and have been doing IVIg's with her. Is that who you are working with?

Best of luck!

Andrea said...

Hi Kim,
Yes, it's Dr. Kwak-Kim. I'll be having my first in the next few weeks. Good luck to you too!

Andrea

kim said...

Maybe we will be there at the same time. I am currently 19+ weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. K knows her stuff!

Good Luck!

Andrea said...

Kim, how many times have you had to have it since finding out you are pregnant? Do you have a blog? I'd love to know your story! :)
Congratulations on the twins. Yay!

:) Andrea

kim said...

Hello. I did one around retrieval, one after finding out I was pregnant. Then I didn't have to do one for about 2 months and now I am doing them every other week. I have one this week on Friday. I was blogging but then stopped because luckily nothing was going on and I wasn't getting to it. It is iwishihadacrystalball.blogspot.com

Kim

Andrea said...

Good to know. I wasn't sure how often I would have to have them and my insurance doesn't cover it, so I'm a little nervous about that. I can't worry about it, though. I have to get pregnant first!

Andrea

Post a Comment