CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

2ww

So I'm now in the 2ww. My IVF transfer was last Thursday. Of course I had a hard time getting my bladder full, (which is funny, because I feel like it's always full!), but luckily, they didn't have to fill it. I didn't even know they could fill it! She said it would hurt though and I didn't want to deal with it.
There was another couple in there who were mad about something and so they talked to my doctor for quite a while, which saved me, thank goodness! It was full enough, not like usual, where I can't wait to pee, but enough.
So then was the question, how many to transfer. I have had such a hard time with this. I just want the best chance for 1 and I don't want to be Octomom, but 2 just isn't good enough with all that I've been through. They retrieved 17 and 16 fertilized, but it's so interesting to see the chart and see what happens to the embryos. On Day 3, they were all still looking really good. On Day 5, when we were there, not so much. I had 7 that looked pretty good. So at first we decided on 3, then I talked with my husband and thought, maybe we should just put back 4. So of course I started crying and we called the doctor over. He said, "What do you want?" I said, "Just the best chance of having 1 baby." So he said, "Then we've got to put back 4."
So I did it. My biggest problem has always been with implantation, so here's where I pray that one snuggles in and gets cozy. I'm hoping the IVIG helps with that. I put myself on 3 days bedrest even though my doctor says it's not necessary. I want to keep everything calm and give them the best chance. I'm feeling good about it even though I've had AF-like cramps already. I'm hoping those are a good sign!
I won't need another IVIG until I get a + pregnancy test. Still working on getting help paying for that.
This is going to be a long 2ww. Hopefully I can keep myself busy and not freak out over everything my body is doing.

:) Andrea

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hope your 2WW goes by really fast and you get a BFP! :-)

Andrea said...

Thanks, me too! :)

Post a Comment