CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Follow-Up Meeting

I scheduled it for the 24th. When they called yesterday to give me the "official" news, I didn't cry. I just felt numb. They said how sorry they were and that my numbers looked so good and they were surprised. I almost felt like I had to comfort them!
Anyways, they really couldn't get me in until the end of August, but I go back to school then and the beginning of the year is CRAZY. I thought that since it was this kind of call, they could work something out for me. And they did, so I'll see him next week.
It's frustrating because I know what I want to ask him, but at the same time, I don't really know what to ask him.
Maybe - Should we try different medications? I've only really taken Bravelle and Menopur.
Why haven't I ever really seen a positive in 6 yrs - besides 2 chemicals, but the numbers were so low, they were never even possibilities?
I need something different, but quite frankly, sometimes I get tired of having to suggest things. I want him to say, let's try this. It's always me wanting to try something. He'll do it, but that's not the point!
After this failure, I have honestly thought about switching REs, and this is probably going to sound terrible, but he is well known and has good stats AND because I've had so many failures, he gives me a really good IVF price. If I go to someone else, I can't continue for long. With him at least I know I have a few more tries financially.
I also need to speak with Dr. Kwak and find out what she thinks. Did I not take enough IVIG? Do I need more prednisone?
Is there a chance that this IVF was just in the 40 - 50% that just didn't work? Maybe nothing was really wrong, it just didn't take?
So many questions...Hoping to get some answers. So tired of all of this but not giving up. How can I?

1 comments:

Heather said...

That's frustrating, not having answers to your questions about this. I hope you find out more and your RE can come up with a plan or at least provide you with clear answers. Good luck!

Post a Comment