CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making phone calls

I had the day off today and have spent the majority of it on the phone. Yesterday, I had a saline sonogram because Dr. Kwak thought she saw a polyp. The sonogram confirmed it and I have to have it removed. So I have to meet with the doctor next week and then have the procedure done on the 13th of December. I do not like taking days off work, but again I have no choice.
Back to today...
I've been on the phone with my doctor's office scheduling appointments and trying to figure out how to get this IVIG paid for. My doctor is putting me on BC until I have the polyp removed. I haven't had to be on that since my first IVF and I said I'd never take it again, but I guess I have to.
I called another insurance provider, explained my situation, and they said that although it was covered under their plan, it would be pre-existing and would not be covered for me. :(
So I called Dr. Kwak's office and talked with Chad - super nice billing guy. He said that we could appeal and he has seen my insurance pay for it. Then I called the nurse there - Diane, another super nice person, and she explained what we could do to appeal.
I called my insurance company to get information about submitting an appeal, but they said that first I should have the doctor send in a pre-authorization form. They said that sometimes, even though it may not be covered as a prescription, it may be covered through major medical. So I called Dr. Kwak's office, left a message and now I'm done for today. There's nothing to do but maybe start making a few things for Thanksgiving.
I'm pretty much eating whatever I want tomorrow and I can't wait. I love Thanksgiving food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment