CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 26, 2010

I ate WAY too much yesterday!

So I just ate whatever I wanted and then some. We'll start this low carb thing soon enough. The problem is that I love to bake and I love chocolate! I made these homemade cupcakes and they are so, so good. I don't think I'll ever make boxed cupcakes again - OK I will, but these taste SO much better. So there were some left yesterday and I brought them home. I told my husband to take them to work this morning, but he didn't and now they are calling my name! What's a girl to do? I only ate one...

By the way, I don't think I could be one of those people that stand in line all night for Black Friday deals. I like sleep too much! We just got a new bed after having the same one for 10 years and let me tell you, it is nice! Too bad they don't have a BF deal for IVIG. I'd stand in line for that! :)

A patient from my doctor's office, who had IVIG and was successful, called me and talked for awhile on the phone. She told me that her insurance company covered it with her first pregnancy, but then for the second, said it was experimental and then wouldn't cover it (sounds like mine). She said the cheapest pharmacy had it for $2100. She had to have it every 3 weeks and I'm not sure for how long. We'll see how my appeal to the insurance company goes, but I don't have $2100 every 3 weeks! So frustrating... Why can't cases like hers be used to prove that it can help sustain a pregnancy? She has had 2 successful pregnancies using it after so many failures trying everything else.

I am so lucky! My mom called me and said that she knew what she was getting me for Christmas but she felt bad because it isn't exciting or a very good Christmas present. I really, honestly do not care about gifts so it doesn't matter to me. She's getting us a furnace. I'm THRILLED! I think it's the best gift I could get right now...Well second best, but she can't make that happen! Ours is 23 years old and about to die. It only works if we flip a switch a few times and it turns off all of the time. I cried when she told me because with all of our fertility expenses we don't have extra money and she is always trying to help. I really am blessed. Thank you, Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment