CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

News from Dr. Kwak

To be honest, her phone call was a little confusing! I can't wait for the paper version of my results. I have 3 different gene mutations - Factor 13, MTHFR, adn Pai 1. I also have a high testosterone level that could be related to the Pai 1 gene mutation. She said that the Pai 1 gene can be related to diabetic tendancies so I need to be on a low-carb diet.
Are you kidding me? I don't even like the taste of meat, really!! I love bread, pasta and chocolate! BUT, I'll do what I have to do I guess...
Many of the other tests came back normal and so I was super excited until she got to the NK cell results. Normal count is 12%, mine is 19%. My killing capacity is 24.8%, they want it to be less than 15%. She said each individual cell is well-trained! 
She recommended that I take Lovenox, Folic Acid, baby aspirin, Metformin (sp?), Prednisone and she said IVIG was my best choice to help with those NK cells. I asked her what we would do if insurance wouldn't cover it and she said we'd just do everything else and use the Prednisone.
I called my insurance company and they do not provide any coverage for IVIG. I have to say I'm pretty upset about it. We just don't have thousands of dollars sitting around unfortunately. We've already spent so much just getting here. So now we will try a cycle and see what happens, and just pray that it works without the IVIG. I'm going to do some research to see if there's anything we can do.
My sonogram with my RE is tomorrow and hopefully then I'll schedule an appt. to meet with him and schedule our next IUI.
When my husband got home today he told me that no matter what, he loved me and would always be here for me and that I am so important to him. Lucky me! :) I really needed that tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment