CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Surgery yesterday

What a day! The roads were the worst I've ever seen in my life - even my husband was nervous and that doesn't happen! People were getting stuck everywhere and we were just trying not to be one of them! We were supposed to be there by 11:30 and left really early, luckily, and were only 10 minutes late. Unfortunately, some of the doctors were a little later. My doctor was on time, but the doctors before him were not so everyone had to wait. My procedure was supposed to be at 1:00 but instead, I didn't go in until around 4:00! I was starving and just wanted to get it over with, but I was trying to be patient. It wasn't anyone's fault and getting irritable wasn't going to help!
I woke up at about 5:30 and talked to my doctor. When they went in to remove the polyp, they found that my uterus was sagging a bit at the top (somewhat heart-shaped) and so he also fixed that. I have a catheter-type thing that goes up into my uterus and I guess has a balloon to help everything keep the shape that he wants it to. I have to have that removed next Tuesday and as for right now, it looks funny because it makes my pants stick out in the front! Anyway, he was very optimistic with my husband about this. He said that he feels very positive about it and has seen it help others who've had miscarriages. Wow, wouldn't it be awesome if this did the trick? I've been going through this too long to get my hopes up too high, but I can't help but hope that this along with everything else just might be what I need!
My recovery will take 6 weeks so we can't cycle in January, but that's fine with me. He also wants me to take the rest of the week off of work. It's our last week before break, I teach first graders, and we haven't even made our gifts for our parents yet! We'll see about that...Luckily we had another snow day today and I will probably take tomorrow off as well, but I really want to go back Thursday and Friday! But like my mom says, I need to think about me and what's important for me. My kids will be fine!
Last night I woke up at 3:30 in major pain. I took a pain pill (on the package it said take 1 or 2 and I thought 1 would be enough). It wasn't! An hour later I woke up again. It was very sore and crampy. So I took another one and that did the trick! I wasn't expecting to be this uncomfortable.
So today I'm at home relaxing. I think I'll watch Anne of Green Gables or Little Women, two of my favorite older movies. My parents are bringing me lunch and I'm just going to take it easy. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment