CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today's Appointment

Today was my appt. with Dr. A. Before the appt., I called my insurance company to see if they'd received the pre-authorization forms from Dr. Kwak's office. They hadn't, but I asked once they do, how long it takes before a decision is made and I'm contacted. They said about 30 days. 30 DAYS! Really? You either cover it or you don't. How annoying! So then if they don't cover it and we have to appeal, I wonder how long that will take?

Back to my appt. with Dr. A. I really dreaded walking into the office today. Every time I go up the stairs it's hard to walk through the door. I've walked through that door so many times in the last few years. At first I was so excited and now it makes me really sad because we're still going through this after all this time. BUT I did it again and I'll keep doing it as long as it takes! So we went in and waited and waited and waited and waited. And then waited some more. Finally, we went in an exam room and they listened to my lungs and heart and took my blood pressure. I guess they have to do that before a procedure. Then we waited for Dr. A. Another long wait. Finally he came in, talked to me about having the polyp removed and then about what we found out from Dr. Kwak. We can try again with IUI anytime after the procedure. We will try with Prednisone, Lovenox and Metformin and will also push the dose of our other meds. I will keep trying to get the insurance company to pay for IVIG.

I asked Dr. A about intralipids instead of IVIG because of cost. He said he'd never heard of them and wouldn't just go putting anything in my body...Okay, so he's not the person to ask about those! My husband started shaking his head when I asked because he knew I got the info from the internet and Dr. A offered to beat him up for me! We all laughed but seriously, when you've been going through something this painful for this long, you just want help or answers. I've learned a lot from other people online!

We don't have to see the doctor before we do anything else. It was funny, he actually said, "No, I think we've seen enough of each other." Then he said, "Oh, I didn't mean it like that!" and I said, "Well I do!" I really like him and I know he wants to help us, but I'll be happy when we don't have to see him anymore! Okay, this blog is super long. Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment