CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meeting with doctor

I met with my doctor yesterday to discuss this cycle and one of the first things he said was, "If I were you I would seriously consider adoption". WOW! I wasn't expecting that! Then he told me that probably my best chance was a surrogate if I wanted my own child.
And how do you get one of those when you are broke? That's not something that you can just ask someone and I haven't had any offers. It's hard because I really don't let too many people know about my fertility issues. I'm feeling so defeated. This week I have spring break so I am going to call around and try to find out if I can get any help with IVIG. If I can't, I don't know what I'll do.
It's so hard not having any control. There's nothing I can do. :(
He will still try again and wants to do another IUI. I brought up IVF, but he said since that never worked for us before, and we won't be doing IVIG, he'd rather try IUI and push the meds even more to try to get many follicles on the right side. If we end up with a lot on the left side, he will do a mini-IVF with those and freeze them. Even though we think my tube is blocked, he isn't taking any chances.
I appreciate his honesty - he even said that he was talking to me as a friend rather than just a doctor, but that was probably the hardest hit I've had to take. I felt like he was saying, well, we can keep trying, but you don't really have a chance. I don't think I've ever cried as much as I did yesterday, but I needed to...
Adoption isn't part of our plan right now and I don't think it ever will be. My husband does not consider that an option. Surrogacy is really out of the question as well. I don't have anyone to do it for me.

So I will try again with an IUI in April. Miracles do happen and I think I'm due for one! Until then, I will have a glass of wine (or two) and just try and relax. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea:

I am so sorry about wht you are going through. I've been there:(. . . I know I've mentioned the drug Trental to you before and I am a strong believer that that drug plus prednisone did the trick for us. Please read our short story under www.ivfconnections.com . Click on "our stories" and then go to "PK's story". I know we have a lot of the same issues...I only took that drug for one month, but you'd have to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in it first. I actually still have a few tablets left. Let me know. Hang in there . Paula

Andrea said...

Hi Paula,
I asked Dr. Kwak's office about it and they said they've never heard of it. : (. I haven't asked my RE about it because he won't prescribe any of it, I have to get it from Dr. Kwak. Thanks for your support! :)
Andrea

Post a Comment